Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tilda on a Bookmark


Hello everyone, well I have finally got around to making something and for once it is something for me!!! I have been meaning to make a book mark for ages and I have finally got around to doing so. I'm entering it into this weeks Simon Says Challenge where the theme is anything but a card, Stamp Something which has a theme of summer vacation and Secret Crafter Challenge 45 where the theme is fancy corners.


For my bookmark I have used the very cute Tilda with Ice Cream and it is available to buy from Magnolia. I have coloured her with distress inks and added some stickles to the top of her lolly! The papers are from K & Co and the ribbon and jewel from my stash. I kept wanting to add extra embellies, but then realized they would get crushed in a book so I kept it simple...and flat!!!


How it fits the challenges.... its a bookmark so it obvious for Simon Says, the summer vacation theme of Stamp Something is covered by the stamp, summery colours and also I love to read in my free time and finally for the fancy corners theme of Secret Crafter.... well I have rounded off my corners, but I realize that this could be pushing it so I understand if it doesn't count!!!



Finally, a close up..... looks a bit of an odd angle......sorry! lol!!!


Supplies

Card/Paper: White and pink card, K & Co Sparkly Sweet
Stamps: Magnolia - Lazy Summer Days Collection
Colouring: Distress inks - tattered rose, worn lipstick, vintage photo, spiced marmalade, faded jeans, weathered wood, black soot broken china. Inkssentials pen for highlights
Embellishments: Ribbon, jewel, stickles
Tools: Corner rounder punch, water brush

Thanks for looking x

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Liza, and useful too! It looks great how you have used part of the stamp.
    Claer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!! So fresh and nice colours, like a candy or icecream!
    Lillemor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liza, lovely! It's a great idea, and can be a nice gift!! I love the colours you used!
    I be glad to be a follower to you!
    hugs Annacarin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute and Fabulous!!..what a Wonderful bookmark!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x