Monday, November 23, 2009

Gift Card Holder Tutorial

Here is a quick tutorial to show you how I make my gift card holders.



Step 1: Take a piece of card measuring 25 x 10 cms and score at 5 cms and 15 cms - on the image I have marked the score lines in black so they are easier to see.












Step 2: Turn the card and score at 1 cm and 9 cms



















Step 3: Cut and remove the pieces as shown in the picture and shape the remaining tabs by cutting off the corners.





















Step 4: Fold along all the score lines and apply double sided tape or a strong glue of your choice to the back side of the tabs.

















Step 5: Remove the backing tape, fold and adhere to form a small pocket for your gift card.











Step 6: Your basic gift card holder is complete, all you need to do now is decorate it! It will stay close on its own or you can choose to keep it closed by using a small magnet, velcro or like me, incorporate a ribbon into your design.

For my finished gift card holder the papers are from DCWV, I have used my snowflake folder for the embossing and Tilda with Yulehat is from the Magnolia Christmas Collection 2008.
Thanks for looking x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x